5 Things to Do in Lyon
Here are five places you should definitely mark on your map when you visit this beautiful french city in the heart of the Rhône-Alpes region.
- Climb the hill Fourvière, take a peak inside the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and enjoy the stunning views of the city.
- Climb up the stairs of Croix-Rousse and visit the wonderful market at the top of the hill (usually on the Boulevard de Croix-Rousse). Be sure to sample some Pâtisserie, fresh fruits, local mustard, and much more.
- Take a stroll around Old Lyon (Vieux Lyon) and taste the Lyonnaise cuisine (e.g. Foie Gras and red wine) in a traditional Bouchon.
- Visit the Institut Lumière and dive into the fantastic world of the Lumière brothers who invented the cinematographe in Lyon, thus making the city an important birthplace of modern day cinema.
- Feel the modern day Lyon by taking a walk through La Part-Dieu, the business district of the city. There you will find one of the most important railway stations of Lyon and a huge shopping mall.